It's amazing how one simple decision like who to sit next to in class can send your whole life spinning into a whirlwind you never saw coming, but that you never, ever want to stop.
In that one year, so much has happened, so much has changed. I have changed.
I've become someone I doubt I would have recognized.
In short, this is me:
I smoke a pack a day.
Some would call it alcoholism, but I don't believe in being an alcoholic if you're still in college. So I still have a year or so before that applies.
I'm constantly eating food that's bad for me, and I have no idea how I'm not 300lbs.
I wouldn't admit it if you asked me, but I am secretly a cat person.
And I am a hopeless romantic, who has a bad habit of falling for men with musical talents and for getting herself into trouble.
One year ago, and music has literally changed my life around in ways I wouldn't have thought possible. It's so cliche, in a way, I suppose. So many people have had their lives changed, by a song, a band, a single artist. To be technical, I should really say that the people behind the music are the ones who have helped to carve out this new lifestyle I lead. Each one of them pushing me, twisting me, molding me into this new girl that I'm still learning to recognize in the mirror each day. Each has left a fingerprint on this new personality.
They say that everyone comes into your life for a reason, and I believe that that's true.
No comments:
Post a Comment